Retail Design for New York Flagship
When planning the Flagship for Milk Bar's hometown of New York, we knew we wanted to give guests a chance to peek behind the curtains of the bakery, and watch the magic happen. Every corner of this flagship was designed to evoke a sense of wonder and delight, while asking guests to participate as collaborators in a choose-your-own-adventure baking experience.
Creative highlights of the space include:
- A custom built cake display case with individual rotating mechanisms embedded in the shelves, and 30 totally unique custom epoxy resin cakes that are so realistic looking you'll want to grab a fork and dig in.
- Custom designed luncheon tables, window bar, and benches, with matching branded lunchroom accessories such as lunch trays and tray inserts.
- An underground ballroom, decked out in disco balls and neon where private events, instructional baking classes and more take place.
- A minimart stocked to the brim with on-brand gifts, snacks, gum ball machines, and a Claw Machine full of cookies and treats.
- A magical neon illuminated secret entrance from the Ace Hotel.
- Letter writing station with stationary, stickers, and stamps to write home to mom about your trip to the big city.
- Stations throughout the store where you can spend one on one time with a professional baker building a cake or cookie pie from scratch.